Just another day for you and me in Paradise - poem

 

 

Pic - Fishes in a lake - they stay away from the sides fearing birds, all cramped together. Suddenly one fish flips to it's back and dies! - Oh just an ordinary day in our LIFE!

 

Greed arrives in many forms, bearing gifts of clothes, jewels and food. I fail to resist and welcome them with eager desire.


Ill will is a hazy person occupying my nether worlds, showing up at places and at times, that doesn't justify their presence.


Sloth and Torpor are twins who live with me, I feed them everyday with procrastination.


Restlessness and Remorse are cousins who visit me at times, inviting me to their games. I join them without thinking and regret in silence.


Doubt, Oh Dithering as we may also call them, comes uninvited and occupies my mind. I don't know why I allow them to stay, even when I know that they are not wanted.


Struggling with all these Unwanted Guests to my abode, I finally decided to invite Meditation and Mindfulness and they as guides are sending my unwanted guests away

...allowing me to bring new companions of Contentment and Gratitude closer to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Integrity - The 3 Diamonds - Tamil folktale

Perspective - The Rose Bush and the Snail (HCAnderson)