Story-Activity Time




Ok folks, Theme Based Story telling is IN!

So we did FINDING NEMO at an activity centre ...

I must say (with chagrin), I had actually never watched that movie completely, bits and pieces, here and there, and of course more from the kiddos and hubby, who just loves the movie...but as I am the flighty thing, I tend not to really pay attention. So finally my Work (!!) actually forced me to watch the movie.

Thanks to the beloved son taking ownership for that, we popped in the movie CD, and while I prepared the props for the theme based Storytelling / Activity time, we also parallely watched the movie.

I just loved Ellen DeGeneres in it, totally fit into the character of Dory, I loved the turtles and (that is so cool to show turtles speeding through the East Australian Current)...and just about everything about the movie...
What a slow coach I am :)

Well the next theme that we did was something closer to kids...very small kids




Thomas and Friends theme based Activities for 5 days at a nice store, saw us spinning a bit, trying to design something for 3 year olds. But it went well, atleast I enjoyed all the learning I got out of it. Thomas has never been a part of our family, so got to learn about Percy and Emily and Gordon, and Fat controller, and that Percy is green, Gordon is big...and we never, ever should try to substitute one train with another...recipe for disaster, and much pain to little hearts!

Once more, next week we are back with Thomas, at another branch of the same store...

Hope we get the promised bigger gathering and hopefully we will be able to manage it as well...

Check back soon for more pictures...


(we are doing a lot with these themes I must say, trying to wiggle in some Social Emotional Learning Skills within these fun based, activity/storytime sessions...so far, it is working well...hopefully we will be able to make it work in bigger spaces)



Comments

  1. hi I happened to pass my ur website. I am in bangalore too and have a 3 yr old. pl tell me which activity centres you narrate stories at. I will keep a watch and brting my son along

    Thanks
    Vani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please send me a mail...@sowmya03@gmail.com
    and I can keep you on the mailing list

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Integrity - The 3 Diamonds - Tamil folktale

Perspective - The Rose Bush and the Snail (HCAnderson)

Just another day for you and me in Paradise - poem