From the babes mouth

Some great words uttered

From the babes mouth as they say

Son: I have to do my home work
Me: Ok do it
Son: I know what I have to do, but I dont know what to do
Me: Duh?!!

Me: Got it; you know what homework is to be done; but dont know how to do it?
Son: Yes

Phew got that one sorted out!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Me: very upset with something that happened with daughter in the school,
Me: teary, upset and frustrated)

Me: We need to talk about this, cannot ignore how it must make you feel
Daughter: Amma, not now, I dont want to talk about it. Please go and handle your feelings and then we'll see...
Me: Huh?!!


( Who is the mother here?..I go away rejoicing that her emotional maturity is way better than mine!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------




Comments

  1. !!! Blessed! Clarity of thought is a great trait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I talk to kids nowadays, I always wonder if I was this savvy at that age.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Integrity - The 3 Diamonds - Tamil folktale

Perspective - The Rose Bush and the Snail (HCAnderson)

Just another day for you and me in Paradise - poem