Dragon of Hope - Versespace 17

 


Diving into the depths of my past,
Remembering moments of response,
As I navigate a world of my reflected meaning making,
I become aware people are always responding:

In ways that are not obvious,
In ways that you may label as unstable,
In silence that speaks loud,
In inaction that holds me from exploding,
In resistance that makes me fight back in miniscule or mighty ways,
In passivity that makes me want to lie down
In withdrawal that makes me step back
In self sabotage that debilitates me
In imposter syndrome and inability to trust myself
In body harm and shaming
In addictions
In deep sadness
In ferocious anger
In swallowed pride
In anger that turns inward
In inabilities and self doubt
In smiles and people pleasing

I also become aware people are always responding
In boldness and courage
In actions of justice and accountability
In kindness and compassion
In stepping out of boxes and crossing lines
In navigating absolutely new waters with curiosity
In musical and poetical musings
In movement and body magic
In theatre, personifying, and characterisation
In storytelling, words, metaphors and imagination
In art, colours and expressions
In fashion and myriad rainbow ways of being
In becoming unicorns
And making choices that finally chooses I & ME...

I watch how my values, hopes and dreams are tossed into the sea of life, and is riding turbulent waves, navigating the treacherous waters of

Who am I?

My intentions have always been to survive and thrive and so it is then I find a listener and life is witnessed doubly...

Walking with the listener I SEE the waters we travel...
I make SENSE of the turbulence
I EXPLORE the landscape of my stories
I pause to REFLECT on shared histories and meaning making
On FEELINGS of oppression, prejudices and stereotyping...

The moment I remember what I value, what I believe in, what I hope for and dream;
I LEARN to dream with a freedom born from unconditional love for my many selves

I also remember to acknowledge that this story I have authored, I can now reauthor, I then renew faith in my many selves and instill hope again and again and again...







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Narrative Practices - a love letter

The Land tells me .... ( a poem) - Versespace 16

Perspective - The Rose Bush and the Snail (HCAnderson)