Around the world in 5 stories




Around the world in 5 stories is the theme for my summer workshop this year. Though the response has been limited, we had a blast...the children loved the story of Perseus and the Gorgon Medusa...and they loved the mask which we made along with it.
Tomorrow we complete this session which ran through the week.

I took them to Africa, then Russia, then introduced them to a Greek Hero, flew on to Tibet on wings of imagination and finally tomorrow we return to India with a folk tale!

What I really found fantastic was that the children really were waiting to hear the stories! I clarified on the third day by asking and unanimously the children said they loved the stories!!

So that makes me doubly happy...and though other attractions like the craft activity or the theater games make these sessions interesting, I believe the children are really there to hear the stories...

What a wonderful space to be in...
...you know I never want to leave this space!!

Next week I do a similar workshop at a branch of the same library.

(If any one is interested to join new sessions from 18th to 23rd, between 11.00am to 12.00 noon, please leave a comment on this post with your contact email.
This is happening in CVRaman Nagar...Bangalore...please pardon me that I am shamelessly promoting my sessions here...but what other better way than to do it this way!)

Comments

  1. Wish I were in B'lore or you were in Chennai!!! Best wishes and happy story-telling!! How I'd love to have brought my 2 boys to you!! Sigh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely workshop. Yes, of all the activities children love story telling that too when we do it with role play and right modulation.

    I too conducted a week long theatre workshop last winter along with my friend. We advertised on a sat for a monday morning workshop and got just 2 children, an hour later when the parents met us we had 8 children. That was a good number considering the short duration.

    Most parents are not open to the idea of summer workshops, so may be if you advertise it better it could have more reach. This summer too I got a call from many parents but since I would be away I gave up the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI there
    I like your blog project here - Looks like you had a good time with the children telling stories - 5 or 100 I really that the # does not matter - what matters is the level of authenticity - feels like you nailed that part.

    Just noticed that in Links to Interesting Sites and Story Orgs
    You are linking to the my defunked site storytellingchildren.ning.com

    I would suggest that that you replace that link with a link to my podcast site - http://www.artofstorytellingshow.com

    All the Best

    Brother Wolf
    http://www.ericwolf.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice...keep going...the kids look like they are really enjoying themselves!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Integrity - The 3 Diamonds - Tamil folktale

Perspective - The Rose Bush and the Snail (HCAnderson)

Just another day for you and me in Paradise - poem