Sequel-Navrathri 2010

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

Here is my sequel.

3 steps as usual, with a small display on the side.

The story U selected was so spontaneously done that I was quite impressed with her.

It is the story of Narada, and his little pride! Narada asks Lord Vishnu to point out the most truthful devotee, expecting the Lord to acknowledge him as one. But Lord Vishnu points out a hard working and poor farmer, who takes the lord's name every morning and night. Narada is offended, as he believes he utters the Lord's name every second!
Lord Vishnu then asks Narada to carry a cup of oil around the world without spilling a drop. Narada does so and is proud to return with not a drop spilt.
Yet, when the Lord asks him, how many times he took His name, Narada was then able to see the truth behind His words!
The farmer, in spite of all his troubles and worries could think of the Lord, but when employed in a similar manner Narada completely forgot to take His name.


For me this story is significant, not because of my piety, but because I believe in the power of prayer and surely by choosing this story my daughter somehow touched a chord.

Hope you enjoyed the story.

Comments

  1. Fantastic!!! Now thats really creative! A great thumbs up to U! I love her idea... and all those beautiful paintings lining the wall! and here you were trying to tell us that you dont have the energy or the enthusiasm to keep a grand golu :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anu, all those paintings have been done by U and K over 2 years, which I saved up...cant throw stuff ...my problem!
    I forced myself with great difficulty to make those cut outs....only because I harp about hardwork to U and K....
    the effort is worth it...i know...

    thanks at ton for yr moral support

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures of an amazing display! Who says hording doesn't pay (ref to ur comment above!) Loved the story, reminded me of the good ol' days of chidlhood! Here's wishin u n the family a brilliant navaratri! Looming fwd to more posts on this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I have never heard this story before. Trust u to come with something different. This golu is more special since it is the handiwork of children. Tell this to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An ACK favourite of mine from the days of the yore!! Lovely concept in promoting a not so popular story! Narada would be pleased

    ReplyDelete
  6. @L_F..what is ACK??
    Thanks, glad it brought back for yu

    @Asha...surely will, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. ACK = Amar Chitra Katha :-) The story, as L_F has said, appeared in an issue and I remember it quite vividly from my childhood.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Integrity - The 3 Diamonds - Tamil folktale

Perspective - The Rose Bush and the Snail (HCAnderson)

Just another day for you and me in Paradise - poem