CTL+ALT+DEL FAILURE


In and out, left and right I steered it and then took a sharp left turn. Damn! A dead end. A dead end! I am done for. I took the wrong turn. I had made a mistake. I curse myself. I drive the bike with greater speed, I drive it through the wall...I die.

Shocked by my dream?

It is not shocking if you juxtapose this dream to a real life situation. Isn't life very similar to driving a vehicle on the roads of life. It may be a two or four wheeler, depending on your "vasadi " which is in Tamil and the closest in meaning to "your capability".

We make many choices in life and we take our turns and swerve here and there. Sometimes the route we take leads us to a dead end and then what do we do? Do we curse ourselves and turn around or do we curse ourselves and drive through the wall?

I really feel the culprit to all of this is the word "Failure"

When we reach a dead end, we just need to take a U turn and retrace our steps to a point that brings us back to where we took the turn in the first place. Then we need to work on another route.
Yet what most youngsters do is call it a "Failure" (and I blame this labelling entirely on Parents, Family, Community and Society at large), and throw themselves harder at the wall in front of them and die in the process, literally or emotionally.

Let us delete this word Failure from our vocabulary now. Let us not label any choice as a failure.
Let us call it a Dead End. Let us make other choices that will lead us where we may want to go. If that doesn't lead you there then that's another dead end. Go elsewhere.

Let us start now to rewrite a Language that does not use the word Failure and its many connotations.

CTL + ALT + DEL FAILURE

This post is inspired by a story I read about Kentucky Fried Chicken's founder Colonel Sanders who became successful only after the age of 60, till then he had tried and "failed" at many enterprises.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Integrity - The 3 Diamonds - Tamil folktale

Perspective - The Rose Bush and the Snail (HCAnderson)

Just another day for you and me in Paradise - poem