We are going to the Zoo

 
Posted by Picasa

Just took the children to the Kanpur Zoo.

As for them and me, just roaming around is great fun.
The maintenance of the Zoo is to write about, but I still felt some of the animals were in good health.
The pelicans, and the flamingo for one, the rhinoceros for another. The tiger looked bored, while the other animals, sambar deer and bear were looking unhealthy.
It was a hot day, yet the kids could not pull themselves away.

A kingfisher on the tree enjoying (and oblivious) to its relative freedom...

An annoyed Jackal bared its fangs at us, I dont blame him/her, I too would hate to be in a cage, though with time we get used to that too...

The Emus were plenty, wonder how they are proliferating while the others were in pairs.

The orangutan was the favourite, so was the chimp...missed it as the batteries were acting up again. (Have seriously petitioned for a better camera)

The zebras too were looking great, though we got a glimpse from afar, as they coyly peeped at us from an internal enclosure.

Sleepy, sad Zoo...
Happy energetic children
Glad for an outing Mama...

One happy family...

Comments

  1. Nice zoological collection at Kanpur zoo. Area wise hyderabad zoo is big, but less animals here. Your photo collage is very nice, how do you do it? I want to upload my children's drawings. It takes too long and i lose my patience.

    BTW , i enjoyed doing the tag,check out my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one... the kanpur zoo seems to be better than some others i have seen, including the one in bbay.... but this trip took me to the worst possible zoo - a small one at almora.... even the chital were pathetic, and i didnt have the heart to stay for a minute more...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Integrity - The 3 Diamonds - Tamil folktale

Perspective - The Rose Bush and the Snail (HCAnderson)

Just another day for you and me in Paradise - poem