Woman ...you amaze me!

Women...
We must look good. We need to stand out. We need to be seen. We need to be different. Our clothes must be unique for the occasion, matching accessories.
This doesn't "suit me", that outfit is not to "my taste".
Stripes or vertical lines...("Oh, stripes make me look fat, vertical are so out of fashion...")
I cant possibly wear "studs", I can only wear danglers.

Colours....
Shades....
Fitting....
Texture....
Contrast....
Match....
Drape....
Fashion....
Looking Good...
Feeling Good...

Women...
Being woman is so complicated. It's a serious occupation! And you realise that much more here in the forces.
Every gathering is taken seriously and each person adds her bit in terms of quality and detailing.

We have to do the back drop for the stage: there is some one who points out and insists that the banner should be lined with silver...??!! That makes it stand out you see.
...Ok....
We need to decide on accessory: Round earrings are rejected as they "dont suit", but danglers will interfere with the dance, so what do we wear?...The argument still continues...and our programme is on Tuesday!....
...ok....
Hair down or up?...Pony doesn't suit me....(Thank God I cut my hair...very short,and don't really need to mull on this)
...ok....
Saree colours have to be matched....(why cant we wear suits?)...can't tell you in this sweltering Kanpur heat, wearing a saree is like jumping into a hot tub with your clothes on...

Women...
Seriously we are so complicated. We look into so many details, and aspects of appearance. It amazes me.

Comments

  1. i had so much fun reading it- like i'm there in the practice. you're really have a great time aren't you!
    thank you especially for keep referring to 'women' and marginalizing some of us the species.i totally could relate to everything you mentioned :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i usually dont care less about how i look or what i wear.... but yes, i see that all the time all around me... and people keep asking me how come i dont bother!!! what can i say????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woman, you too amaze me with your content and writing. I couldn't agree more with you, even i stay with women so similar to around you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I need pictures to go with this... loved it, enjoy the drama of the dance!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I need pictures to go with this... loved it, enjoy the drama of the dance!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Integrity - The 3 Diamonds - Tamil folktale

Perspective - The Rose Bush and the Snail (HCAnderson)

Just another day for you and me in Paradise - poem